Press Enquiries

About the Alexandra 

The Alexandra Hotel has been owned by the Haskins family for nearly four decades.  It was built in 1735 as a Dower House for the Countess Poulett and became a hotel in 1901.

We have twenty three rooms in the hotel which come under five different grades.  They are all decorated in the same style and to the same standard but vary in size and shape.  We also have two serviced apartments which provide for a more flexible option.

The hotel won a Taste of the West Gold award for the seventh year. The restaurants are open daily for breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea anddinner, also weather permitting, all meals can be served on our garden terrace, both residents and non-residents are welcome.

We have event spaces available from private dining for two in the Lookout Tower to a celebratory meal for up to seventy guests in the Alexandra Restaurant.  We also have a civil wedding licence for our Lookout Tower, Sitting Room, The Orangery and Alexandra Restaurant.  Our 18th century chapel has recently been restored and is also now available for weddings and events.

To view more images of the hotel visit our Gallery page

National Press: For further information, images or to arrange a press visit please contact Lucy Robinson: [email protected] / 07734365866

Local Press: For further information, images or to arrange a visit please contact Anna Carey: [email protected] / 07903806979